|Name of project:||HiLASE: New lasers for industry and research|
|Applicant:||Institute of Physics ASCR, v.v.i.|
|Project cost/funding ERDF||851,422,967 CZK/ 799,955,260 CZK|
|Place of realization:||Dolní Břežany (Central Bohemia Region)|
|Period of realization:||2011-2015|
|Support provider:||European Commission/Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports|
|Funding title:||OP RDI, appeal 1.2, priority axis 2|
|Date of support provision:||29. 8. 2011|
Brief description of the project:
The main goal of the HiLASE project is to develop laser technologies having breakthrough technical parameters. In general, those lasers will be significantly more powerful and efficient, more compact, more stable and more easily maintained than the currently available technology.
The HiLASE project focuses on development high-repetition lasers and laser systems that will find use in industry, in small- and medium-scale research laboratories and in the future European large-scale facilities that will be part of the European Research Area (ERA). The project will specifically focus on diode pumped solid state laser systems (DPSSLs) and on the development of associated technologies.
The HiLASE laser center with these parameters will be unique not only in the Czech Republic but also in Europe. This brings new opportunities for European research and for companies that will be able to benefit and contribute to applying these new technologies.
The project has great application potential in the commercial sphere. Outputs of the project will be used e.g. for micro-machining technologies, testing resistance of optical materials, cutting, welding, removal of deposits and laser peening.
In the framework of the HiLASE project, the following research programmes will be realized:
- Research programme 1: Development of multi-J, kW class diode pumped solid state laser system for industrial and scientific applications
- Research programme 2: Development of a 100J/10 Hz class laser system to demonstrate scalability to 1 kJ level
- Research programme 3: Development of key technologies for high repetition-rate amplifiers in partnership with industry
- Construction of new building
- Purchase, development and installation of technologies and other equipment
- Establishment of organizational structure/ creation of new jobs
- Implementation of research programmes/ activities
- Cooperation with users of R&D results
- Involvement of students and graduates in the project
HiLASE building consisting of a two-story laser hall and a three-story administrative part. From technological outputs, the following functional modules are crucial:
- Multi-J, kW class diode pumped solid state laser system for industrial and scientific applications
- 100J/10Hz class laser system scalable to 1 kJ level
- Technologies for high repetition-rate amplifiers in partnership with industry