In the week from the 22nd to the 27th of October 2023, you could meet HiLASE Centre representatives in Gyeongju, South Korea, at the 8th International Conference on Laser Peening and Related Phenomena (ICLPRP). This regular event, this year organised by Sun Moon University and Handong Global University, was attended by Tomáš Mocek, Jan Brajer, Jan Kaufman, Sunil Pathak, Marek Böhm and Ondřej Stránský.
Tomáš Mocek, head of the HiLASE Centre, was invited to the conference as one of the keynote speakers. He presented the most recent successes of the HiLASE Centre during his talk titled Pioneering High Average Power Laser Technology at HiLASE. Other HiLASIANS also had the opportunity to present their work during the conference:
- Jan Kaufman | TALK | Laser peening without coating to prevent stress corrosion in heterogeneous welds
- Jan Brajer | TALK | Laser Shock Peening technology development at HiLASE Centre and actual capabilities
- Ondřej Stránský | TALK | Effect of Laser Peening without Coating on additively manufactured AlSI10Mg
- Sunil Pathak | TALK | Surface Properties of Additively Manufactured Produced Meso-Sized Gears in Laser Shock Peening
- Marek Böhm | POSTER | Laser Shock Peening Acoustic Emission Measurement by Evaluation of Acoustic Wave Propagating through Air
Since its first instalment in 2008, the ICLPRP has served to facilitate the connection of research and industry in the area of Laser Shock Peening and related subjects. Thanks to the attendance of representatives from across the whole world, it is key to creating international contacts and beginning new global cooperation.
Laser Shock Peening (LSP) is one of the main areas of focus of the Industrial Laser Applications department of the HiLASE Centre. Our LSP team has a portfolio of applications in, among others, the energy and automotive industries, as well as biomedicine.