Laser Shock Peening (LSP) can significantly extend metal components service life in all major industries. It is especially effective for components that have to withstand cyclic loading and aggressive environments where stress corrosion cracking may occur. The main advantages of LSP are generation of deep compressive stresses and ability to target specific often hard-to-reach areas and complex geometries.
Thanks to our professional LSP station and training by professor S. R. Mannava, one of the founders of LSP technology, our R&D team is able to design proof of concept experiments and develop application processes for LSP according to your specific needs. To optimize the residual state profile, we use modern analytical devices as well as state-of-the-art laser system Bivoj.
- Cold working process that delivers residual stresses up to 2mm in depth.
- Precise control of the laser impact location.
- Treatment of hard to reach areas.
- Increases resistance to fatigue, fretting fatigue, stress corrosion cracking and reduces wear & tear, thus preventing costly failures and downtime.
- Eco-friendly process (creates less waste material, uses less consumables, components last longer).
- Strain hardening, grain refinement.
- Reduces tensile stresses and improves microstructure of 3D printed parts.
- Allows light weighting.
- Applicable to aluminium alloys | structural and alloy steels | titanium alloys | nickel alloys.
up to 10x
improved fatigue life
depth of compressive residual stresses
years of experience
Why work with us
- Complete services ranging from evaluation of LSP suitability for your product, through preliminary process development and generation and analysis of compressive residual stresses of your samples to LSP implementation to your production
- Extensive R&D capabilities to design proof of concept experiments and develop LSP processes
- Benefit from our international network of academia and industrial partners
- Unique BIVOJ laser system and secondary smaller systems for industrial treatment
- Industrial grade LSP station with quality control measures for swift and reliable treatment
- HiLASE Centre LSP team trained by professor S. R. Mannava one of the founders of the LSP technology and currently our technological and economical advisor
HiLASE Centre Equipment & Services
|Laser system Bivoj||10 ns, 10 Hz, 10J @ 1030 nm; 10 ns, 5J @515 nm; Square, top-hat beam profile|
|Laser system Litron||15 ns, 10 HZ, 3 J @ 1064 nm, 1.5 J @ 532 nm, circular top-hat beam profile|
|Robotic arm Fanuc M-20iA/20M||Load up to 15 kg with 0.08 mm positioning repeatability|
|Monitoring of process parameters||Pulse energy, Poyinting vector, spatial and time pulse profile|
|Metallography cell||Polisher, electropolisher, metallographic saw and press, confocal microscope|
|Residual stress analysis||Prism Hole drilling device provided by Stresstech, X-ray diffractometer Rigaku AutoMATE II|
Successful cooperation is always about people. And those from the LSP application group are simply perfect. I consider almost two years of cooperation with a young team led by Jan Brajer to be one of the best for my entire 20 years of experience in the PVD coating industry. With its concept, the HiLASE Centre goes beyond the standard academic structures I have known so far. Even with a technology giant, highly practical applications such as increasing the life of a forging die by applying LSP can be successfully addressed. The mutual cooperation will continue within the international Delta2 project.
Ready to explore the potential of LSP or just need to know more? Please contact us here or at solutions(at)hilase.cz, and we can start creating your solution together.