In the thirty-second edition of the Laserlab Forum newsletter, titled Lasers Shaping the Nanoworld, you will find a contribution by Inam Mirza, Nadezhda M. Bulgakova and Tomáš Mocek from the HiLASE Centre. Their article on laser crystallisation of titanium dioxide nanotubular layers for photo-voltaic applications explains how HiLASE scientists, in collaboration with the University of Pardubice, achieved laser crystallisation of anodic amorphous TNT layers into the anatase phase (as part of a study published in the peer-reviewed journal RSC Advances in 2020).
Aside from the contribution of researchers from HiLASE, the newsletter includes other articles by scientific teams from all across Europe:
- Hybrid, micro-ring resonator devices photo-imprinted on optical fibres (ULF-FORTH, Greece)
- Shaken, not stirred: a recipe for spin switching (FELIX, the Netherlands)
- Lasers for nanolithography (LaserLaB Amsterdam, the Netherlands)
- Using femtosecond laser pulses to modify bimetallic nanoparticles (CLUR, Spain)
- Nanostructured materials to improve the efficiency of laser-driven ion sources (LLC, Sweden)
- Ultrafast skyrmion reshuffling (MBI, Germany)
- Microtargetry for the Nanoworld (CLF, United Kingdom)
- Femtosecond laser pulses modify the properties of 2D materials (Laserlab-NSC, Finland)
- Laser nano-printing of 3D crystalline structures (VULRC, Lithuania)
Read more and download the newsletter at the Laserlab Europe website.