The Week of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic is a continuation of the successful science festival for the public, the Week of Science and Technology.
What can you look forward to during the week of 1-7 November?
- Laser Day for primary schools | CZ only
- Laser Day for secondary schools | CZ only
- Open day for the public | 5.11.2021 | 16:00 – 19:00
PROGRAMME FOR PUBLIC, FRIDAY 5 NOVEMBER, 16:00 – 19:00
- Lecture Lasers and their applications |17:30|seminar room PERLA, CZ | Jan Pilař will tell you how lasers work and how they can be used in industry, medicine and everyday life. In addition, you will learn how a state-of-the-art laser centre has been built in Dolní Břežany over several years and what makes it unique. The length of the lecture is about 45 minutes.
- Guided tours in CZ 16:00| 16:45| 17:30| 18:30 | you will have a look into the experimental halls of the HiLASE Centre and learn what our lasers are used for; the length of the tour is approx. 30 minutes.
- Accompanying programme |16:00 – 19:00| after the tour you can exercise your brain in the laser maze game, test your knowledge in the laser quiz or try virtual reality.
PLEASE BOOK YOUR PLACE ON THE LECTURE OR TOUR IN ADVANCE BY CLICKING ON THE APPROPRIATE TIME. The accompanying programme is only for visitors who have booked a lecture or guided tour. Thank you for your understanding.
According to the current governmental measures against the spread of COVID-19, admission to the event is only possible with proof of completed vaccination, past illness or a valid test. Thank you for your understanding. Read more here.
Please note that this event is open to the public. Photographs and videos are taken of the event for reporting purposes and to promote the event on our website and social media. If you do not wish to be in these recordings, please contact our colleagues at the venue directly or do so by emailing the contact persons listed below according to the venue.
HOW TO REACH US:
By bus l.331 or 333 from Kačerov (metro C) or l.341 from Nádraží Modřany to the bus stop Dolní Břežany, municipal office.
By car to Za Radnicí 828, Dolní Břežany – parking is available in front of the HiLASE building or in the ELI Beamlines parking lot.