If you are an ambitious person proficient in laser technology and would like to explore the fascinating world of laser development, join us! Don’t worry, you won’t be left alone, we offer support with the aim of your learning, training, an adequate degree of freedom, and a lot of enthusiasm that this work will bring you. We are making impossible things possible, we never give up and we push the frontier of Czech laser technology forward, each nanometer at a time.
The HiLASE Center is focused on the technological development of a new generation of diode-pumped solid-state lasers with a wide range of configurations for scientific and industrial applications. We are aiming at laser pulse durations in the range of fs, ps, and ns with laser designs of regenerative or multipass amplifiers, q-switched lasers, fiber lasers, and MOPA architectures. We currently have several projects to develop such systems and as we grow, we are looking for further support of the Commercial Laser Development team.
Explore the HiLASE Center with a virtual tour: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9py5G6bmR8
What do you need to have or know?
- manual dexterity (control of optics, precise adjustment of optomechanical systems),
- experience with lasers and laser beam adjustment,
- experience with measuring laser parameters,
- basic experience with working on a PC
- basic electrical skills (cable connection, soldering, etc.)
- precision, responsibility, and the ability to organize your work
- the well friendly and communicative approach to our colleagues – in Czech and English
What will be the result of your work with us?
- construction, installation, and repair of laser systems,
- installation of optical and optomechanical components,
- measurement of laser parameters,
- recording and processing of measured data,
- preparation of progress reports
- work in a cleanroom environment, sometimes in laser glasses
- active involvement in the development of various types of commercial lasers (from the R&D laboratory to large-scale manufacturing in the factory)
What can you expect from us?
- An exciting and diverse job where you will definitely not be bored
- Possibility of self-realization and application of own ideas
- Flexible working hours
- Training in machine shops, 3D printing, electrical safety, cleaning and handling of laser optics, laser safety training, etc.
- Support for further education, personal development, and growth
- Opportunity to work in a unique science center with an international team
- A well-coordinated team of people who take work as a mission and a challenge
- for full-time 5 weeks holiday, 6 days of personal leave and other employee benefits
- Master’s degree in laser technology or physics, optics, etc.
- starting day ASAP
- position suitable for students/graduates
- min. part-time (20h/week), max full-time
- fixed-term employment contract (min. 1 year)
If you are interested in this job offer, send me your CV and a few words about why you would like to become a member of the HiLASE team at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bc. Olga Lakomá
HiLASE Center Institute of Physics ASCR, v.v.i.