High average power dioded pumped nanosecond and picosecond lasers are being developed at HiLASE Centre with a perspective for scientific and industrial applications. To expand the application potential the near-infrared laser beams are converted to other spectral regions. Methods of nonlinear optics (such as second harmonic generation, sum-frequency generation, optical parametric amplification) are used to cover wavelengths between deep ultraviolet and long-wave infrared.
We are looking for a new colleague who will propose the wavelength conversion stages using numerical simulations. Then the stages will be designed, assembled, and experimentally tested. The converted beams will be thoroughly characterized and optimized. Part of the work will be co-operation on the housing design and control system of the conversion stages. Support of user experiments in the field of laser-matter interaction will be part of the job as well.
Sounds like the right challenge to you? If YES, then maybe we are looking for you!
We expect you to have experience with:
- optomechanics and with basic scientific instruments such as energy meters, power meters, beam profilers, oscilloscopes, etc.
- software for scientific and engineering computations (e.g. Matlab, Maple).
- programming is an advantage (e.g. Python, LabView).
- Theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of Optics, Photonics, and Laser technology (MSc., PhD. preferred).
You will receive extra points for:
- Responsibility, reliability, and the team spirit
- Manual dexterity
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Fluent communication in English
And What do we offer?
- Opportunity to work in a world-unique science center and do work that makes sense
- A well-coordinated team of people who take the job as a mission and a challenge
- Professional education and personal development
- Fair boss
- 5 weeks holiday, 6 days of personal leave, and other employee benefits
Starting day: ASAP
Conditions: full-time job, working contract for 12 months with possible extension
Bc. Olga Lakomá
Institute of Physics ASCR, v.v.i.
Za Radnicí 828, 25241 Dolní Břežany, Czech Republic
Please, leave your CV and a few words about yourself here: email@example.com
Please, include the following text in your e-mail/letter: I agree that, according to the decree 101/2000 (Czech Republic), my personal details sent to FZU AV CR, v.v.i., Na Slovance 2, 18221 Praha 8, Czech Republic can be used for the purpose of obtaining employment and management of a database of employment candidates. This permission is given for the period of one year and can be at any time withdrawn by giving a notice in writing.