On Monday, 28 June 2021, the first on-line bilateral HYU-HiLASE workshop was held.
The aim of the workshop was to inform and educate students of Hanyang University (HYU) about the high-power laser technologies, applications, and research methods, for example, laser-matter interaction, diagnostics of laser-induced processes, nanomaterial production, laser energy absorption, and thermal effects.
Seven lecturers from the HiLASE Centre (for example Head of Centre, Dr. Tomas Mocek, or prof. Nadezhda Bulgakova, Head of Scientific Laser Applications Dpt.) prepared for the HYU students an introduction to laser science and shared their practical experience from HiLASE research. We would like to appreciate very active participation of the HYU ERICA – ACE, HYU professors and teachers from the Department of Photonics and Nanoelectronics and all students.
- Overview of HiLASE Centre | Dr. Tomas Mocek
- Introductory lecture on laser science | Dr. Samuel P. David
- Introduction to laser-matter interaction and applications | prof. Nadezhda M. Bulgakova
- Diagnostics of laser-induced processes | Dr. Inam Mirza
- Nanomaterial production by pulsed laser ablation | prof. Alexander V. Bulgakov
- Basics of laser-induced forward transfer | Dr. Nathan Goodfriend
- Laser energy absorption and thermal effects | Dr. Yoann Levy