The candidate will work in a team working on Cryogenic laser materials. The core activities of this team involves characterizing novel laser materials. It involves mainly spectroscopic and lasing characteristics at cryogenic temperatures. Besides the team is also involved in developing compact lasers at room and cryogenic temperatures for various applications. The candidate will work and be involved in all the activities within the cryogenic laser team. If you are experienced in the field of laser materials, diode-pumped lasers, you are welcomed. PhD is advantage but not essential.
- Active participation in characterizing novel laser materials at cryogenic temperatures.
- Developing compact lasers that include building experimental setups and performing research experiments;
- Preparation of scientific publications and participation in scientific conferences; delivering oral and written reports/presentations.
- M.Sc. in Physics, Optics, Materials Science or 3 years’ experience in the field of lasers materials or optics.
- Practical experience with lasers materials and lasers.
- Ph.D. in Physics or materials science.
- Ability to build laser systems.
- Basic characterization techniques – absorption spectroscopy, emission spectroscopy, Raman spectroscopy.
- Good written and oral communication skills (English).
- Ability to learn new scientific areas.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse teams.
- Opportunity to participate in a unique scientific project
- 5 weeks of vacation, 5 Sick Days, flexible working hours and other employee benefits
- Creative young team, Social Events, Teambuildings
- A place with a team spirit where it is a pleasure to work
If you are interested in this Offer, please send your CV, motivation letter and names/addresses of 1-2 potential referees in English by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please, include the following text in your e-mail / letter:
I agree that, according to the decree 101/2000 coll.(Czech Republic), my personal details sent to FZU AV CR, v.v.i., Na Slovance 2, 18221 Praha 8, Czech Republic can be used for the purpose of obtaining employment and management of database of employment candidates. This permission is given for the period of one year and can be at any time withdrawn by giving a notice in writing.
Ms. Olga Lakomá, HR Partner
Tel: (+420) 702 086 170; 314 007 702